Tips for Physicians: How to Persuade Your Hospital to Use Locum Tenens for Call Coverage
As a medical director at ENTLocums.com, I have had the privilege of helping many physicians get the coverage they need for their call and clinic duties. I know how stressful it can be to deal with staffing shortages as a practicing physician, especially when it comes to on-call responsibilities. That's why I want to share some tips that can help you persuade your hospital to use locum tenens services for call coverage.
1) Focus on the team's success: Approach the discussion as a team-oriented effort. Emphasize that the goal is to provide the best possible care to your patients, which requires adequate staffing. Highlight that locum tenens can be an effective solution to help achieve this goal.
2) Provide data: Collect data on the impact of staffing shortages on patient outcomes, staff burnout, and turnover rates. This can help you make a strong case for why locum tenens is needed.
3) Show the cost-effectiveness: Utilizing locum tenens can be more cost-effective than hiring full-time staff. Explain how this can help save the hospital money, while still providing high-quality care.
4) Share success stories: Share success stories from physicians who have used locum tenens services through ENTLocums.com. Highlight how they were able to maintain continuity of care, reduce burnout, and ultimately improve patient outcomes.
5) Offer to help: Offer to help your hospital find a reputable locum tenens firm, like ENTLocums.com, that can provide high-quality staffing services.
By taking a team-oriented approach, providing data, demonstrating cost-effectiveness, sharing success stories, and offering to help, you can make a persuasive case for your hospital to use locum tenens services for call coverage. At ENTLocums.com, we are committed to providing the highest quality locum tenens staffing services to healthcare facilities and providers. If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please do not hesitate to reach out.
About the Author: Mark C. Royer, MD, MBA, is an Otolaryngologist and medical director at ENTLocums.com. While employed at a hospital, Dr. Royer and his Wife, Allison (also an ENT surgeon) experienced an overwhelming call burden and began using locums as a solution to this challenge. Their experience led to the creation of
ENTLocums.com, a locum tenens company addressing the unique needs of
physicians and hospitals and health systems. For more information,
please contact them at info@ENTLocums.com or visit their website at